It’s official! An annual holiday that not only represents the unofficial end of a busy summer season and celebrates the American worker, is almost here! It’s Labor Day!
Observed on the first Monday in September, Labor Day commemorates the contributions and achievements of the American worker. This important “workingmen’s holiday” became a federal holiday in 1894.
Whether you plan to celebrate the long holiday weekend by lounging around the pool, enjoying a Smokin Bar-B-Que in the back yard with a few of your favorite friends or watching a colorful Labor Day parade with loved ones, Labor Day is the perfect day to kick back and enjoy life a little. Along with some great food, why not celebrate the long holiday weekend with a few of the refreshing cocktails and/or mocktails listed below?
Labor Day Recipes: Cocktails & Mocktails
- Ultimate Frozen Strawberry Margarita – This popular 5-star recipe calls for triple sec, tequila, frozen limeade concentrate and frozen strawberries in syrup.
- Beer Margaritas – If you love beer, you’ve got to check this popular ‘rita recipe out!
- Blood-Orange Margarita – You’ll need four blood oranges, tequila, simple syrup, fresh lemon and lime juice and blood-orange puree for this drink.
- Jalapeno Cucumber Margarita – Spice things up a little with this cocktail!
- Raspberry Lemonade – This simple-to-make drink calls for Raspberry Beer, lemonade and raspberries.
- Summer Beer – You’ll need frozen lemonade concentrate, beer, vodka and ice cubes for this beer-alicious drink.
- Summer Beer II – This Summer Beer version calls for frozen pink lemonade concentrate!
- Beer Float Popsicle – How about a little beer on a stick?
- Strawberry – Peach Vodka Collins Popsicles – You’ll need pureed strawberries, peach syrup, tonic water and vodka for this fun recipe.
- Pina Colada – This recipe, from Williams-Sonoma, calls for light rum, pineapple juice, canned coconut cream and a pineapple spear for garnish.
- Bethenny Frankel’s Endless Summer Cocktail – You’ll need coconut vodka, pineapple water and sparkling water for this one.
- Coconut Blue Hawaiian – You’ll need pineapple juice, blue curacao, cream of coconut, light rum, ice cubes and fresh cherries for this 5-star tropical drink.
- The Real Mojito – If you are looking for a refreshing drink to whet your whistle, check this popular recipe out!
- Triple Threat – This healthy non-alcoholic beverage calls for kiwi, banana, blueberries, strawberries, orange juice and peach yogurt.
- Boston Iced Tea – This pretty-in-pink, non-alcoholic drink calls for tea bags, white sugar and frozen cranberry juice concentrate.
- Brazilian Lemonade – You’ll need limes, sugar, ice and sweetened condensed milk for this drink.
- Strawberry Basil Mojito – This gorgeous, alcohol-free drink calls for fresh strawberries, limes, rum extract, fresh basil, strawberries and sparkling water or club soda.
Be sure to check out these killer labor day recipes that celebrates the American worker.