TikTok is one of the most popular social media platforms, and with over 1 billion users, it is the perfect place to grow your business. If you want to take advantage of this amazing platform, then check out our guide, where we share some effective TikTok strategies.
TikTok rocketed to fame in the last few years, with teens posting videos of them lip-syncing, getting millions of views. Now with 1 billion users, TikTok is one of the biggest social media platforms in the world, and businesses can’t afford to ignore it! Right now, all kinds of brands and businesses are advertising on TikTok, from fashion, software, to car manufacturers! To find out TikTok for business strategies, keep reading!
How Does TikTok Work?
TikTok is a platform where users can share brief and catchy mobile videos which last from 5 to 60 seconds. On TikTok, users can make their videos pop by altering them with all kinds of built-in filters, and the app lets you effortlessly add background music.
This app, just like other social media platforms, uses an algorithm that suggests videos based on the previous TikTok content you have watched and interacted with. This algorithm makes it easy for users to find new content, that’s why many TikTok creators are able to rack up millions of views quickly. If you want to know why TikTok marketing is now the latest trend, check out these stats about the 6th largest and rapidly growing social platform in the world:
- TikTok in 2021 has over 1 billion users
- 2nd most downloaded app
- An average user spends 52 minutes on the app per day!
- 60% of users are between 16 and 24
- Gender breakdown – 60% female and 40% male
Start by Observing TikTok!
Before you decide on a TikTok marketing plan and immediately start producing content, you should take time to see how the platform works. You need to develop a keen understanding of the type of content that does well and how businesses promote their brand. This app is different from other social media platforms and requires a nuanced approach.
We recommend you spend a lot of time performing the following actions on TikTok before you commit to any strategy:
- Check out some videos: As you enter the app, you will be presented with a range of different videos. Watch a bunch of content to see what is working and what users want to see.
- Create some content: Don’t worry about the style or quality – just start recording with your phone and try out some filters and effects.
- Throw on some background music: TikTok has a huge library of music, and you will notice most videos use music to make their clips more catchy.
- Follow popular accounts and other similar businesses: Make sure you check out what type of content your competitors are producing! You should use their content as inspiration for your own TikTok content plan.
Produce a Range of Different Content
After you have a great feel for TikTok and you know what your competitors are up to, it is time to start producing your very own content. During this phase, your goal is to produce all kinds of content and then see what works. Here are some ideas for TikTok videos:
- Give your followers a behind-the-scenes look at your business by doing a quick tour of your workplace
- Share an inspirational story about how a customer has used your product to change their lives
- Ask your customers to share a quick product testimonial
- Let app users know how you are giving back to the community by sharing some of your charitable deeds
- A fun TikTok trend is businesses showing their pets in the office. So if you have some furry friends, make them the start of your latest video!
- Use a time-lapse video to show how your product is produced
- Share your story of how you created your business and overcame challenges
The great thing about TikTok videos is you have so much flexibility! Don’t be afraid to get a little creative, and remember that during the early phase of your TikTok marketing, you should focus on experimenting until you find types of content that work for your business.
Picking Hashtags Is Very Important!
Just like on Instagram, if you want your TikTok account to blow up, you need to pick catchy and relevant hashtags. To find hashtags that will propel your TikTok videos to millions of views, you should check which hashtags are trending, which hashtags are relevant to your business, and what hashtags your target audience is interacting with. Remember to make sure that your hashtags align with your videos, otherwise, users will feel tricked.
Each of your TikTok videos should have a popular and relevant hashtag. It is important to keep your hashtags light and fun as the platform is for entertainment and hard sales tactics are not effective. If you follow the right TikTok trends and jump on popular hashtags, you will see a big boost in your engagement.
Leverage TikTok Influencers
If you don’t want to create your own online content or if you want to take advantage of a popular TikTokker’s following, you can get them to produce content for you featuring your products and brand. Influencer marketing is incredibly effective with an average ROI of $5.78 for every dollar spent, and some brands are even achieving ROIs on TikTok of close to $20!
By using TikTok influencers, you can instantly get your brand in front of millions of people and create incredible enthusiasm for your products as they will be associated with the influencer. For example, let’s say a popular TikTokker wears one of your jackets in a video and talks about how they just bought this amazing jacket. Shortly after posting this video, your site will start blowing up, as TikTok users who are eager to mimic their favorite influencer will order this item.
Getting a popular TikTok profile to promote your business is a highly effective way to not only grow your TikTok account but significantly boost your website traffic and, ultimately, sales. When picking an influencer, remember to find someone who fits your target audience.
Try Out TikTok Ads
Following in the footsteps of other social media giants like Facebook and Instagram, businesses can now advertise on TikTok. TikTok ads are a great way to let users know about your brand and products and are incredibly simple to use. TikTok ads offer 4 unique ways to promote your business:
- Brand takeover: When TikTok users opens the app, they will be greeted by your ad. You can also link the ad to your website when making an exclusive TikTok deal.
- Native ad: A native ad will play in between user videos. You need to be careful with native ads, as users can avoid them by just scrolling. It is not like YouTube, where the user is forced to watch.
- Sponsored hashtag challenge: Businesses have the option of sponsoring a specific hashtag and promoting their brand on the Discover page.
- Branded lens: A branded lens is a specific filter which you create and features your business logo or other designs. Users can then add this branded filter to their videos.
To follow TikTok best practices, you should experiment with all of these 4 types of TikTok ads and see which has the highest ROI for your particular business.
TikTok is an incredibly powerful platform that continues to grow. It is no longer just filled with teenagers making dancing videos. If you want to radically grow your business and promote your brand, try out our recommended marketing strategies today! We would love to hear about your experience on TikTok. Please comment below on the strategies you have used to grow your business on TikTok and what results you have achieved.